so this week has been my second week of school ,my second last year of school actually . I have new teachers , new classmates , a totally individual schedule but I am slowly adjusting to it . It seems like I am incorrigible on the fact that I always want to get things 100% right . Whether it is my sleep schedule or my french homework …
And to be honest , I get utterly frustrated when I don’t succeed at my plans and feel down , but it still makes me more ambitious and excited to get it right some day , right now I might still lack the motivation but how do they say : the first step of recovery is insight (??) or something like that ..
So here is my plan : I like to write down my routines , I have a whole book a la summer morning routine , but now I am going to do it for my week . So then I hope by seeing what I have to manage and fit into my day it , my whole time management will be easier.
What I need to do in a day ( general) :
- go to school
- do homework and study for exams
- work out in any kind of way
- have some me time
Of course I will need sleep and food and human contact but I kind of don’t really have problems getting that on a healthy level .
So let’s start with working out . This week I didn’t really work out because I felt tired and just uuugh but I want and I will get back to it with a plan .
Monday : go for a run ( 10 -30 minutes ) Tuesday : 30 minutes of yoga and stretching Wednesday : full body / aerobic training /tabata ( I have a cool PE teacher) Thursday : Arms and abs ( blogilates / fitnessblender workouts) Friday : Butt and legs + yoga Saturday : cardio and abs ( blogilates /fitnessblender workouts) Sunday : movement is optional (rest day)
Working out is usually something I do intuitively but right now I feel like I should push myself a little to get into routine and make it a habit . I come home 3x at 5:30 per week so I don’t know how I will manage this yet with homework studying and working out , but I think that my physical and mental should have the same priority as my grades . I also know what impact working out has on my mood and my overall well being to I really don’t want to skip that .
hope you’re all having a good time !!
This is a note I wrote this Saturday night in my „inspiration book slash planner “ when I suddenly found myself in the nostalgic and low atmosphere you would normally be stated on a sunday at about 8 pm .
“ Tomorrow is officially my last day of summer vacation , I would life if I said that I would be prepared , but I am ready . Ready to get up early and get organized and so much more .. for sure nothing will be the same again , I will have my own schedule , my week will be filled with work , but that’s okay with me because I am ready to work hard.
There will be first impressions and quick decisions where it will be hard to find something positive , it will be difficult to adjust to a completely new routine and already thoughts keep me awake because I start to worry about what is going to happen . I don’t want to fall asleep because the second I wake up , „tomorrow“ I will have to face all these challenges .
It has been a summer full of sleep and movies and lots n lots of thinking , and nothing was like I thought it would be ..but here I am and I feel strong enough to get out of my comfort zone , for how long .. we will see . “
I also wrote this :
10 positive aspirations on a school day :
- coming home
- gender studies class ( at least for me)
- going to bed
- working out
- the moment you finish work
- actually knowing shit and getting good grades
- fun planing and colorful sticky notes
- breaks , days off and weekends.
In that sense , good night♥
Yes , it’s true . With the first day of september something around here changed .
The air started to smell like mix of dried flowers and wind and the big yellow fields outside town , and the sun started to kind of shine in a different way than it used to , like it needed to charge for a while from this hot and long summer .
I for myself have 10 days left till I have to go back to school . It might sounds weird and in bout 1 month my opinion about this will probably have completely changed due to the mental burden I will experience. Right now ,I am a tiny bit excited about the next school year , I have two years left until I graduate and this years I will have my own individual timetable .
Here’s the things I look forward to :
- finding a new daily routine with my schedule , when to get up and plan my workout routine for the week , my sleeping routine and all around how to feel the best , to be in best condition
- learning new things , that will make me smarter and better . The last year was a breakout for me , I found out how to study and what I like so I think I have good conditions to make the best out of this year .
- Making food , yes it’s true . I love to bring food to school , whether for me of for others just because I’m always hungry at school and it always feels so good to refuel . When I bake something I usually bring few more e.g. cookies and that always makes people so happy , and why wouldn’t you make someones day ?
- more planing . Writing sticky notes on what homework I have to finish . Doing research and summarizing it. hell yeah.
Of course there will always be things like getting up so early , annoying teachers , presentations , mathematics , fights and other unpleasant things , but I think I have learned to handle it pretty well.
I’m onto grade eleven now , and for those who might still struggle with school , here are some things that helped me a lot , and took me years to figure out .
- drinking and eating is freaking important , as well as enough sleep and sunshine and fresh air , get enough of those to be at your best , so you can do your best . Also ,water is better than coffee .
- get yourself a pretty planer ,and decorate your working space pretty , it will make so much more fun or be more pleasant if you find something positive in doing your stuff .
- Learn about what studying pattern fits you best . For me it’s learning small amounts over a longer period each day and repeating it often , but really find out what is best for you .
- be damn kind to people at school , yes there are some stupid ones that think they rule the world but there are also nice and friendly people , don’t be damn rude , it will pay off I promise
- Don’t worry if you suck at a subject , and don’t think it’s all about good grades. You could have an A and still have no clue what you are talking about , so focus on the basics , and use all the materials you can get. The internet is you best friend , but you still have to do some stuff on your own .
- if you do have problems and can not cope with them anymore , don’t be afraid to reach out , there will always be somebody to listen and help you . Most people are scared of exams and worry , you are not the only one , but if it gets too much , get some help okay ?
- and last : YOUR MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR GRADES !!! there is no point in pushing yourself beyond your limits for a better grade , yes have some chocolate , yes go and have a nap , stay at home if you feel like shit you will be better soon . But take care of yourself .It matters .
so this post turned from yay autumn to „school omfg“ real quick so I won’t annoy you with my talks about pumpkins and candles and how I can’t wait for halloween and hell yes sweather weather hot drinks and fluffy socks . okay . I will see you soon !